Empathy is one of the most critical social skills young learners can develop. Empathy is a complex skill, but just like anything else, it can be taught. This activity brings a simple activity that you can use to help build empathy in your kids.
- First show them the video about empathy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeNY-RxDJig
- You can print the emotions or show the emotions on your mobile or tablet. Your child will select the emotion.
- Mobile camera to click the video of your child’s learning and sharing to your respective teachers.
- Learn about emotions
- Empathetic feelings grows in kids
- Feel closer with your child
How does it work?
- Ask your child to point to the face that shows happiness, sadness, etc.
- In rapid succession, instruct child to display physical actions that illustrate each emotion. Jump in and assist with your own modeling as needed. Now it’s your turn–model one of the emotions that your students haven’t modeled yet, and see if your Child can identify what emotion you’re feeling. Ask them what could have happened to you to make you feel that way.
- Discuss potential scenarios that may elicit emotions. Say to your child, “Show me what you would look like if you experienced this,” and then present him/her with the below examples (or come up with your own):
- You reached out to hug someone who turned away.
- You won a prize that you weren’t expecting.
- Your goldfish died.
- You saw yourself on TV.
- Your friend just pointed out that you have something stuck in your
- teeth and it’s been there since breakfast!
- You found ants all over a treat you had left for later.
- A person in your class got a toy that you have really wanted for a
- long time.
If you are a Kopila app user:
Please share child activity from Kopila. So that respective teachers can evaluate the child’s
activity. Sharing from Kopila allows the teacher to carefully evaluate and maintain your child’s
To share Photo/Video of child’s activity:
- Open Kopila app, Click (+) above settings.
- Select ‘Share Moments’
Contact Kopila support if you are facing problem @ 9801976542