This activity helps provide new experiences to children: Children get new experiences during indoor play activities. These experiences help build their social skills. Children also become more confident individuals.
- A large container, lid optional, but find it good for that Green House Effect.
- If not available, you can use a plastic plate bottle or flower pot.
- Some compost/earth.
- Fast-growing plant seeds Radishes, lettuce, basil or grass.
- Decorative items, such as stones for baths and pinecone.
- Later after the plant has fully grown you will also need scissors for trimming and maintenance!
- Learning about how things grow and what you need- light, water, soil
- Learning to care for things( enough light and enough water, not too much water)
- Being creative (in arranging your garden)
- Creative play (introducing toys and storytelling)
- Collaboration( if more than one child is working on this) taking turns etc.
How does it work?
- If your container has no holes, make some at the bottom for drainage and top for air circulation. Add a good layer of compost to the bottom of your container.
- Decorate with stones and pincones etc. though note these may well get rearrange several times..all part of the garden game.
- Sprinkle liberally with seeds
- Water and let grow!
- Trim your garden regularly..add different details and games. We plan to “transplant” some small flowers into it later in the summer!
Our min garden has “toy waters”, who explore and have adventures. Kids can decorate their garden. Let them be creative.
If you are a Kopila app user:
Please share child activity from Kopila. So that respective teachers can evaluate the child’s
activity. Sharing from Kopila allows the teacher to carefully evaluate and maintain your child’s
To share Photo/Video of child’s activity:
- Open Kopila app, Click (+) above settings.
- Select ‘Share Moments’
Contact Kopila support if you are facing problem @ 9801976542