This LEGO activity is perfect for preschoolers to identify colors and to learn important skills such as classifying, sorting, and patterning!
You can use whatever materials are around your house. You can use following materials:
- 4 colors Lego/items with 4 colors.
- 4 similar colored papers/ you can also draw the color or name the color in paper.
- For sorting colors: children can use spoon, plier or even hand.
- Differentiate and recognize colors
- Fine motor skills
- Hand eye coordination
How does it work?
- Mix the legos in a big bowl or vessel.
- Place the 4 color papers on the floor/table.
- Ask your child to sort the legos into their respective colors. For eg: if lego is red color then it should be placed over red paper.
- The children can practice the tweezers handle very well, especially with the smaller materials. So just with your fingers. You can also encourage children to use both hands alternately.
If you are a Kopila app user:
Please share child activity from Kopila. So that respective teachers can evaluate the child’s
activity. Sharing from Kopila allows the teacher to carefully evaluate and maintain your child’s
To share Photo/Video of child’s activity:
- Open Kopila app, Click (+) above settings.
- Select ‘Share Moments’
Contact Kopila support if you are facing problem @ 9801976542