The Polar Express is a classic children’s movie and book that has captured the heart of millions of kids. What kid wouldn’t want a Polar Express to come along and whisk them off to a magical land of Christmas? This simple Polar Express train craft has real moving wheels so kids can pretend they are on their way to see Santa.
- Red, yellow, green, white, and black paper ( if papers are not available
- ask your child to color the plain paper in the given shapes
- 3 brads
- Red glitter
- 3 cotton balls
- Motor Skills
- Learn about Shapes
- Eye hand Coordination
How does it work?
- Cut a rectangle and square from green paper as pictured. You will also need a small yellow square, two small black wheels, one large black wheel, a red smokestack, and a red triangle.
- Arrange the train according to the picture and glue to a white piece of paper. Do not glue the black wheels.
- Poke brad through the center of each wheel and the train. Open the brad so the wheels can turn freely.
- It may take a few turns before the wheels turn easily. Make the hole a little bigger if you have problems turning the wheels. Glue three cotton balls coming out from the smokestack to represent the train moving down the track.
- Use glitter glue to embellish the train. Add glitter glue around the window, as spokes for the wheels, or anywhere else kids want to put a bit of sparkle.
- Write the words “Polar Express” on your train. You can also write “Polar X-Press” if the longer word won’t fit on your trains.
If you are a Kopila app user:
Please share child activity from Kopila. So that respective teachers can evaluate the child’s
activity. Sharing from Kopila allows the teacher to carefully evaluate and maintain your child’s
To share Photo/Video of child’s activity:
- Open Kopila app, Click (+) above settings.
- Select ‘Share Moments’
Contact Kopila support if you are facing problem @ 9801976542